Have you ever thought of making a happiness list? Basically, a list of all the experiences, materialistic things, people, basically anything, that make you truly happy? I don’t mean short term pleasure. I mean the things that make you feel content and at peace with the world, but also things or experiences that you know you need in your life in order to be fulfilled and happy.
It might seem a little strategic rather than romantic when seeking happiness, but it works for me. If I relied on my instincts and desires all the time I think I’d be in a royal mess!
So here’s mine:
- The smell of the sea and seaweed
- When my children giggle uncontrollably and spontaneously
- Having the freedom to get a flight somewhere and explore new places
- Finding smultron (wild Swedish strawberries)
- Candles in winter, everywhere
- A great glass of red whilst lounging in front of a fire
- Lying on a hammoc on a sunny day in a quiet spot
- Being able to afford to choose good quality meat and fish and not the processed cheap foods
- Exploring coastal waters with a mask and snorkel
- Using fresh herbs in cooking
- When my child tells me a secret and doesn’t tell anyone else
- Having my own money and independence
- When my man makes me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world, even though I’ve not bothered to do my hair that morning
- Bringing a dog home from a walk absolutely filthy but you know they’re happy and have had a good time
- Peace and quiet at home and excitement and entertainment within easy reach.
I’m sure there’s more but it’s a start!
Now your turn…