So admittedly I am biased. I do love a good swede. And the culture, scenery and just about everything Swedish. I even have a thing for their plug sockets – so perfectly small and simple. Who needs more pins?
As some of you will know by now, I love a list and hate lengthy ramblings. Well some of the time anyway. I suppose it had to do with my wanting to be efficient and juggle tasks effectively. So here’s a list of all things Swedish (some of which are not entirely Swedish!):
- Swedish meatballs – of course! Everyone loves these don’t they?
- The cream sauce gravy that goes with the meatballs.
- Dancing around trees at Christmas and whenever they’ve had too many Aquavits
- Crayfish – and the obligatory party!
- Pine trees and forests
- Ikea – a bit like marmite – you either love it or hate it! I love the idea and even the design, but I absolutely can think of nothing worse than having a family day out to ikea. Thank goodness they deliver now.
- Technology – Bang and Olufsen, Ericsson amongst many others who are the best at what they do and usually the first to come up with the idea!
- Volvo – reliable, sexy (?), roomy, first class family car.
- Blondes. Not so common these days with the influx of a variety of people choosing to live in the country from non scandinavian countries.
- Pippi Longstocking – fantastic and superhuman little girl that was the fantasy of all ‘good’ Swedish children who dreamed of being naughty and living in a land without adults
- Absolut vodka – may not be the strongest but it comes in some yummy flavours. My fave is vanilla.
- Finally…how could we forget…the Swedish Chef from the muppets! Here’s a video https://youtu.be/gaNewoyc8fU
- Oh and of course their delicious ginger biscuits…’pepperkakar’.